Mystical Lanterns Blanket Crochet Kit and Pattern in Stylecraft Yarn
This beautiful and unusual blanket has been created by Jane Crowfoot, who also designed the exquisite Lily Pond throw and Persian Tiles.
This unique design has been inspired by Jane’s fascination with the tessellating shapes found in Moroccan architecture and design, and this stunning afghan certainly has a dream-like quality about it, with hints of the Arabian Nights.
Created using a carefully selected palette of Stylecraft Life DK, a soft, practical and hardwearing blend of acrylic and wool which is ideal for throws, blankets, and homeware.
The blanket uses individual Ogee-shaped motifs, which are joined together to form two sets of strips. In total, you will make 158 motifs, consisting of 8 strips with 11 motifs, and 7 strips with 10 motifs + two half motifs (at each end). When completed, the blanket will be approximately 155 x 100cm (61 x 39.25”).
This Yarn Pack contains:
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cascade (2308)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cranberry (2319)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Daffodil (2394)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Denim (2322)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Fern (2311)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Fuchsia (2344)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Heather (2309)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Melon (2359)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Mint (2342)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Oatmeal (2303)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Rose (2301)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cream (2305) (Joining shade)
- 1 x Pattern as a Physical Leaflet.
To complete your blanket you will need a 4mm or 4.5mm (USG/6 or US7) crochet hook and a knitter's sewing needle.
Please Note: That this colour pack includes all of the yarn needed to make the Mystical Lanterns blanket. The physical pattern uses UK crochet terms.
Yarn weight: DK
Fibre: 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C , Dry Clean - P Bar , Tumble Dry - Low Heat , Cool Iron
Was so excited when my kit came in. The yarn is so beautiful and directions are easy to follow. Will post a picture of my finished product when I’m done. So pleased and will definitely purchase again! Have been telling all my knitting and crocheting friends!