Develop your knitting skills and learn the intricate technique of entrelac knitting with this beautiful brightly coloured blanket Knit-Along in Deramores Studio DK.
Designed by Sarah Murray from The Cornish Knitting Company, this blanket will be the centre of attention no matter where it is placed!
“I wanted the colours to be bright eruption of colours, radiating out from the centre…For the blanket itself, I’ve only ever seen this type of blanket worked in crochet or Tunisian crochet, so it was a real challenge but an exciting one working out a knitted version. When I was knitting it, it didn’t lie flat on circular needles, so when I eventually cast off, there was quite a dramatic “reveal” when it was finally off the needles which im excited for all of those who are taking part to see for themselves!” Sarah Murray
The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and will be released over Five weeks every Wednesday at 10.00am BST on our website. To keep up to date with the KAL conversations and get help along the way please join our dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects.
Size: Approximately 155cm diameter
This knitting kit contains:
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Ruby (70006)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Cranberry (70071)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Purple (70009)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Aubergine (70010)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fir (70012)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Malachite (70014)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ultramarine (70017)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lapis (70016)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Wine (70045)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
A set of four 4mm DPNs
A circular 4mm needle, 80cm in length
A circular 4mm needle, 150cm in length
Yarn weight: DK (8 Ply) Light Worsted (US3)
Length: 250m / 273yds per ball
Needle Size: Set of 4 - 4mm DPNs 4mm Circular needles in 80cm and 150cm lengths
Ball weight: 100g / 3.5oz per ball
Tension: 22 sts and 28 rows measure 10cm over stocking stitch on 4mm needles
Fibre: 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C, Dry Clean - P, Do Not Bleach,Tumble Dry - Low Heat, Do Not Iron
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
- Haven t
Perfect idea to add a hot shot of color and look of a very intricate piece of knitting. Entrelac is fun, but sometimes overwhelming with the details. just depends on who you are and your level of skill, only don't be limited by skill level alone. Expand your vision of knitting and you may be surprised by what you are able to do.
I confess I haven’t yet tried the pattern but delivery etc was brilliant.
I cannot wait to start this project! It looks so complicated, but the instructions are so easy!!
I can't knit as fast as I would like to. This pattern is just fab.
Wonderful! I love that pattern is very fun.