Moroccan Tiles Rug Crochet-Along Kit in Deramores Studio DK
Bring Marrakesh’s medina to you with this stunning crochet Moroccan rug designed by Leonie Morgan from Wool n Hook in Deramores Studio DK yarn. Bold and beautiful, our Moroccan Tiles Rug Crochet Along is perfect as a statement centrepiece in your living room with its rich and contrasting colours.
We are offering 3 stunning colorways for you to choose from, find out what inspired each color pack below:
Sunset Color Pack
Morocco is a land of stunning sunsets where the sky lights up in shades of yellow, pink and magenta all made more vibrant by Saharan dust. I just had to use those colors!
Lagoon Color Pack
I've picked shades of blue inspired by the shades of water in Oualidia lagoon for this color pack.
Antiquity Color Pack
I've picked more muted tones for this color pack to convey a sense of age. The colours are inspired by the dye vats of the Chouara Tannery in Fez which has been in use since the 11th century.
Size: 90cm x 144cm (including tassels)
Terminology: UK Terms
The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and will be released over Six weeks every Tuesday at 10.00am BST on our website. To keep up to date with the CAL conversations and get help along the way please join our dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects.
This crochet kit contains:
Sunset Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Wine (70045)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
Antiquity Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Shiraz (70007)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Indigo (70040)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Paprika (70055)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Latte (70060)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Butterscotch (70061)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peach (70063)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Storm Cloud (70065)
Lagoon Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Topaz (70039)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Indigo (70040)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Slate (70030)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Green Tea (70064)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ocean (70067)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Velvet (70018)
4mm Crochet hook
Yarn weight: DK (8 Ply) Light Worsted (US3)
Length: 250m / 273yds per ball
Needle Size: 4mm Crochet hook
Ball weight: 100g / 3.5oz per ball
Tension: 16tr x 8/9 rows to 10cm on 4mm crochet hook
Fibre: 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C, Dry Clean - P, Do Not Bleach, Tumble Dry - Low Heat, Do Not Iron
Format: Crochet-Along (CAL)
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
This Moroccan Tiles Rug Crochet-Along Kit is the second one I've bought from Deramores, and though I haven't worked it yet, I'm really looking forward to doing so. I've read the patterns from weeks 1-6, and gotten the materials in. The yarn felt so soft and yet resilient, and I'm really all excited about being able to work it (I was occupied doing something else during the actual crochet-along period, but I found last time that whatever I didn't get done before that period ended could easily be sussed out from the instructions, which were very clear and comprehensive). The colors are magnificently vibrant. Thanks for asking.
I get these patterns for my 80+ year old Aunt. She is an avid crocheter and loves getting new patterns from me (us). She's always asking me when a new block is coming!! I'm happy to download and print them to send to her!! Maybe I'll even get an afghan for Christmas!!!
I need to make a shade card - jus have to put the deramore version on one side and then use a lot of my own ideas to make the rug this pattern looks ideal So much help was needed and I thank Tracy for the effort she put in to advise me how to proceed - all your staff are kind and helpful and I think well of them all
great colors and very anxious to begin the crochet patterns
Easy to follow instructions