Christina Hadderingh from A Spoonful of Yarn invites you on a journey to come along and join in this year's Read-With-Me-CAL which features the History of Bees Shawl based on the book with the same name by Maya Lunde; a book containing three interconnected stories revolving around the bee theme. During the CAL we will crochet our way through all three stories. The Read-With-Me-CAL will include a read-along, where there will be weekly book discussions and also fun bee(keeping) facts.
The Shawl uses Scheepjes Metropolis which contains the versatile mix of nylon and super merino wool. This yarn will ensure your wildest creations are soft to the touch but most importantly hard-wearing.
The CAL will start on Friday 27th September, when the first pattern is revealed and will run until Friday 25th October. This is considered an intermediate pattern due to the two-colour brioche and working with two colours in the same row, however, it is also good to follow for an advanced beginner with the pictures and charts. Written pattern with pictures and charts in English (US) and Dutch. It will be hosted on Christina's facebook group: A Spoonful of Yarnies.
These colour packs contain:
Pollen Colorway (Original)
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Brasov (038)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Lyon (078)
Orchid Bee Colorway
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Colombo (020)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Abu Dhabi (032)
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Kraków (064)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Liverpool (065)
Royal Jelly Colorway
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Philadelphia (007)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Istanbul (037)
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Santiago (053)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Taipei (006)
- 6 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Copenhagen (066)
- 2 x Scheepjes Metropolis - Buenos Aires (067)
You will also require: 3.5mm Crochet Hook
Please Note: This is a Yarn Pack ONLY, the pattern can be purchased through Etsy and Ravelry for a cost of €4.50 during the CAL. Afterward, this will go up to €5.
For more information on the History of Bees CAL, please visit A Spoonful of Yarn blog.
Yarn weight: 4ply
Needle Size: 3.5mm Crochet Hook
Ball weight: 50g
Fibre: 25% Nylon // 75% Wool
Care Instructions: Machine Washable at 40c, Do Not Bleach, Cool Iron, Tumble Dry on Low.
Pattern For: Women