Helen never ever disappoints with her designs and these autumnal shade inspired blankets are no exception. Drawing her inspiration for the natural world around her Helen is able to take the views and craft them into her own unique (blanket sized) interpretation. Below is what Helen had to say about these projects.
There is nothing as cosy and comfortable as a beautiful handmade blanket. As I moved to Cornwall, my spiritual home, last year I have felt more comfortable as
each week has passed. I am inspired by the beautiful landscape, both the woodlands and the coastal areas, there is a ruggedness to the moors around Bodmin and the north coast that really makes me feel at one with nature and I tried to reflect that in this design.
This blanket pattern is crafted in Stylecraft Special DK and available in a Digital Version in UK & US Terms, as well as this we are offering this pattern in the choice of 2 colourways designed by Helen herself. The finished blanket measures 150cm (59inches). There is also a downloadable colours per round list you can find on her website here.
Please Note: The pattern is not included in the colour packs, you will have to purchase this separately using the 'Digital Pattern' variant.
This Pack contains:
- 4 x Stylecraft Special DK - Cream (1005)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Mocha (1064)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Petrol (1708)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Turquoise (1068)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Sherbet (1034)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Walnut (1054)
- 2 x Stylecraft Special DK - Mustard (1823)
- 2 x Stylecraft Special DK - Spice (1711)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Copper (1029)
- 2 x Stylecraft Special DK - Meadow (1065)
- 2 x Stylecraft Special DK - Sunshine (1114)
- 3 x Stylecraft Special DK - Parchment (1218)
For the blanket, you will also require a 4mm Crochet Hook.
Yarn weight: DK / Light Worsted (3) / 8ply
Length: 295m (322yds) Per Ball
Needle Size: 4mm Crochet Hook
Ball weight: 100g (3.5oz) Per Ball
Fibre: 100% Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Wool Wash - 40°C , Dry Clean - P Bar , Tumble Dry - Low Heat , Cool Iron
Format: Digital Pattern
Pattern For: Home Accessories
I am very pleased i with the kit I ordered. The yarn was high quality, the pattern very clear - I just finished the project and it is beautiful!!