4 Seasons - The Official Deramores 2019 CAL in Deramores Studio DK
This year we've got a treat for you! We have creatively combined the talents of Five Designers to create the Official 2019 Deramores CAL (Crochet-Along) - 4 Seasons.
Taking nature's Seasons as inspiration these Five designers: Veronika Cromwell from Blue Star Crochet Company, Emma Leith from Emma Leith Atelier, Leonie Morgan from WoolnHook, Hannah Cross from HanJan Crochet and Zoë Potrac have combined forces to bring you the 4 Seasons Blanket, along with Lynne Rowe as our Tech Editor.
The 4 Seasons Crochet-Along Blanket is made up of 24 Squares, 4 large squares (one for each season), 8 medium squares (two identical squares for each season), 12 small squares (three identical squares for each season) and the squares are joined together using double crochet and the full blanket is edged with rounds of treble crochet.
Each designer has shared their story and inspiration for this beautiful masterpiece.
Spring: "Spring is my favourite season, it means a new start when everything is waking up and getting a fresh breath of life. I love how nature starts painting a colourful picture with greens, bright reds, oranges and yellows. I’ve brought all these colours together and used different textured stitches to create a colourful Spring square" - Veronika.
Summer: "I am known for my love of bright hot colours and working the design for Summer sent me straight to my happy place. The colours and textures of flowers in full bloom are bought to life with popcorn stitch worked in warm summer hues. Setting some of the work against white allows the colours to display their full potential. Combining the reds, pinks, and purples in the central flower of the large mandala creates the heat of the summer sun. I love working this way, letting the colours do their thing and creating depth and textures with more complex crochet stitches. I gave the flower at the centre of the small square a fresher feel and set it against green and white to lift it up to create a true summer bouquet!" - Emma.
Autumn: "Autumn, for me, is all about mushrooms and fallen leaves on mossy ground. I love October with its deeply saturated skies, vibrant colours and crisp, frosty mornings. I've tried to bring all those things together in the Autumn squares using colour. Rounds of mushrooms fill the centre of the larger square and the little leaves on both squares are so tactile they invite you to pick them up - just like the real fallen leaves in an autumn wood" - Leonie.
Winter: "Winter for me isn’t dark and dull, it’s crisp, fresh and full of wonderful moments snuggled inside and exciting chilly adventures outside too. This excitement is what I’ve tried to capture in my Winter squares. The deep, dark greys and blues are set against the bright and fresh whites to represent icicles and falling snowflakes" - Hannah.
Finishing: "To bring the design together as a whole, I chose stitches used across the four seasons to create a square that could act to blend the others together. The four different colourways further combine shades used in different seasons to enhance this effect. The shapes created within the square could be seen by the eye as flowers, or leaves, or even snowflakes" - Zoë.
The blanket comes in one size 155 x 125cm and you will require a 4mm Crochet Hook (US G/6).
This Colour Pack contains 28 balls of Deramores Studio DK in:
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fir (70012)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blush (70043)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lavender (70008)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ruby (70006)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Purple (70009)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Mustard (70058)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rosemary (70070)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Olive (70013)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Storm Cloud (70065)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Vanilla (70068)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Mist (70025)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Haze (70036)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Sky (70035)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Indigo (70040)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ebony (70027)
The Pattern will be free and in UK Crochet Terminology. The 4 Seasons Crochet- Along will be 13 Weeks long with 13 Parts. Week 1 will be released on Thursday 23rd May 2019 at 10:00 BST, with a new section, added every week on Website, dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects, Social Media, Blog and on our Newsletter.