Join in with the first King Cole Knit Along, starting 17th June 2019. A Typical British Summer KAL is designed by the talented designer Jane Burns and uses King Cole Big Value DK 50g range in 7 beautiful, vibrant colours.
This yarn pack contains:
- 11 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - White (4020)
- 6 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Fuchsia (4034)
- 5 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Turquoise (4044)
- 5 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Yellow (4027)
- 3 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Saxe (4040)
- 1 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Grey (4052)
- 1 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Royal (4041)
- 8 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - White (710)
- 5 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Hot Pink (1848)
- 4 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Azure (3366)
- 4 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Buttercup (1600)
- 2 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Saxe (718)
- 1 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - French Navy (741)
This project is suitable for the adventurous beginner onwards. It assumes that you can cast on and off and work knit and purl stitches. There are both written instructions and charts to help you along the way.
You will require: 4mm knitting needles, 3.25mm knitting needles, locking stitch markers, sharp scissors, tape measure or ruler, sharp darning needle, toy stuffing, sewing needle and thread.
Individual squares 25cm x 25cm (10in x 10in) (excluding Beach Huts)
Finished Blanket 150cm x 150cm (60in x 60in)
Tips for success:
- Keep all your yarn labelled, when working in artificial light it can be easy to mistake Saxe with Turquoise.
- Sew in your ends after each square, taking care to keep the back of the pieces nice and tidy. Use a sharp darning needle and weave in each end well to prevent all your hard work from coming apart over the years.
- Mark off the blocks on the block layout diagram as you make them to keep track of where you are.
The KAL will run for 8 weeks and a pattern will be released on Monday every week.
Yarn weight: DK
Length: 145m - Big Value DK
210m - Cottonsoft DK
Needle Size: 4mm Knitting Needles & 3.25mm Knitting Needles
Ball weight: 50g - King Cole Big Value DK
100g - King Cole Cottonsoft DK
Fibre: 100% Premium Acrylic - Big Value DK
100% Cotton - Cottonsoft DK
Pattern For: Home Accessories
- great - something
The KAL has been great - something to do during lockdown as I still cannot go out - great support through FaceBook . The pattern was easy to follow and I really enjoyed it . Looking forward to more KALs with you