The Best Of 2020
It has been a challenging year for many, however, we are pleased to see so many people have found a way of gaining mindfulness within the knitting and crochet community.
Mindfulness is all about reminding yourself to take notice of your thoughts, feelings, body sensations around you and to be aware of how you are feeling within the current moment. We have designed many products this year with great texture, simplistic patterns and mindfulness colour's, inspired by those that relax the body and help to reduce stress - one of those being our beautiful Mindfulness Blanket CAL.
For those that have a passion for knitting and crochet and have taken it up as a hobby, we have released a great collection of larger projects such as KAL's/CAL's, right the way down to smaller, giftable items such as our rainbow window decorations.
We are pleased to share our highlights of the year with you.
10. Our cool Aztec Tile Backpack.
Keep your goodies safe whilst looking stylish with this brightly coloured backpack that is based on Aztec fabric.
9. Our West Highland Terrier Dera-Dog is a dog lovers must-have!
The Dera-Dog family grew this year with this super cute West Highland Terrier, designed by Amanda Berry.
8. At number eight, our Rainbow Window Decoration
Keep busy with this fantastic pattern that is fun for everyone to make and will add a touch of joy to your windows.
7. A must-have to keep your little one's warm - our Baby Blooms Blanket
This impressive baby blanket features gorgeous blooms in a lilac and blue palette, each individually set on a neutral hexagonal background.
6. The Midnight Knit-Along creeps in at number six.
Inspired by shades of the midnight sky, this knit-along features a detailed blanket with two matching cushions. This KAL is the perfect Halloween project to decorate the living room with and keep you warm during the witching hour!
5. For those that love everything festive, there is no surprise that My Favourite Things Christmas Blanket Crochet Along comes in at number 5.
A blanket full of your favourite things about Christmas and the festive period. This crochet-along incorporates gingerbread men, snowflakes, reindeer, baubles and Christmas trees, into one beautiful blanket to keep you warm during winter.
4. In at number four, we have our Poppy Cushion, a part of our corporate partnership with The Royal British Legion.
Featuring an elegant crochet poppy design set against a soft, muted background, this crocheted cushion is the perfect way to remind you and your family of the service and sacrifice of those within the armed forces.
3. Perfect for developing your knitting skills and learning the intricate technique of entrelac knitting, we have our beautiful Entrelac KAL.
This blanket will be the center of attention no matter where it is placed.
2. Close to the top spot, we have our bee-utiful Bee Cushions.
The perfect duo to add to your garden bench in the summer, or to be admired in your conservatory.
1. At number 1, we have our beautiful Mindfulness Blanket CAL.
Created by five talented designers, Hannah Cross, Cassie Ward, Veronika Cromwell, Fran Morgan and Zoe Potrac.
Working with our customers over the past year has been a genuine pleasure, we look forward to continuing to serve you new and exciting designs for many years to come. Watch this space, as in 2021 we have some amazing designs and new additions to our own range to bring to you.